Saturday, August 22, 2020
Parade starts at 10am
Parade Publicity Information
(if different from organization)
(to be read by announcer during parade)
(Director, Queen, Drum Major, etc.)
Parade Entry Specs
Best guess estimate
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The Benton-Franklin Fair Parade Committee reserves the right to remove from the parade, either prior to assembly, at assembly, or any time during the parade, any entrant refusing to follow directions of police or parade committee officials/volunteers.
- All entrants must be approved by the parade committee prior to the start of the parade.
- Alcoholic beverages are forbidden on any float or vehicle or on the person of any participant.
- No profanity is allowed along the parade route.
- No pamphlets, fliers or selling of items along the parade route.
- No discharging of firearms or simulated type of noise or fireworks is allowed.
- Forward motion must always be maintained.
- All entries are required to have insurance and testify to this by signing the application form. Insurance must be presented if requested.
- All entries will be notified of staging areas in confirmation letter.
- The Benton Franklin Fair will not provide transportation for dignitary entries.
- Maximum dimensions for floats: 16' W x 13' H x 60' L
- Towing hitches shall be easily accessible and of sufficient strength to tow the float at all times.
- Driver must have two means of escape.
- Each float driver must have a valid driver's license, not be under the influence of alcohol, marijuana or other incapacitating drug, legal or otherwise, and must have good vision.
- The float must have good brakes and fire extinguishers available.
- The Fire Marshall may review all floats for safety.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN CLEAN UP UNITS.
- No stallions.
- Any rider showing inability to control their horse will be removed from the parade